OMD-EM5 is a crazy camera!

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
Update from Olympus service, Sydney.
In reply to OvinceZ, May 25, 2013

Finally took my OMD EM5 in to Olympus service in Sydney. They had it for two months. After a month they asked for the extra battery adapter and continued testing for another month. After two months testing they reset everything to the factory settings and uploaded firmware. They found nothing unusual. A relief and a pity. I like the camera but it doesn't like me. I bought it and the NEX7 on the same day last June and now use the NEX7 with adapters so it is my carry with me camera. I love the focus peaking feature for macros and general focussing. I can use E-mount, Sony mount and Canon mount. Results are equal to or better than my 3 Canon DSLR.

That means I will be selling my Olympus kit as I won't be using it any more. I have the 12-50, Adapter for Olympus lenses, and the 12-60 and 35mm macro lens. I have the grip adapter and battery adapter. I sure will miss that great screen. Will put the money towards a new 5DIII as I am impressed with the camera re autofocussing and using live view, etc.

Vince

-- hide signature --

Everyone is an expert on dpreview!

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow