Using NEX for professional photography / being taken seriously.

Started May 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeyCF3
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Using NEX for professional photography / being taken seriously.
May 25, 2013

So I'm new to photography, but I've been learning at a pretty fast pace, IMO. I bought the NEX-F3 a few months ago, and I have upgraded to the NEX-5R as of this week. I now want to start doing some professional photography on the weekends, primarily couples photos and prom/graduation photos. I am in love with the NEX system, and I just have something against the bulkiness of DSLRs. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I don't see myself ever switching to a DSLR.

My question is: if I were to use my NEX-5R for professional photography, would I be taken seriously? Let's be honest, the 5R is almost as small as one of the larger P&S cameras.. would people only see me as an amateur?

I have a bunch of Minolta lenses, my most used ones being the Rokkor-X 50mm f1/4 and 135mm f2/8, I have the kit lens, the SEL55210, and I'm looking into picking up the SEL50f18 as well as the HLVF20S. Is this enough to do primarily outdoor photography?

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions, as I'm feeling pretty unsure right now!

Cheers!

NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow