Why are my printed photos dark and professional photos from my computer are not

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Victor Engel
Forum ProPosts: 15,193Gear list
Like?
Re: Why are my printed photos dark and professional photos from my computer are not
In reply to Biggs23, May 25, 2013

Biggs23 wrote:

Debbie wrote:

My daughter just had professional engagement photos taken and we bought the rights to them.  They were straight out of the professional's camera (she did not edit them at all) and so I edited them in PSE.

We're in the professional forum so I can't let the above pass without a mention. Did you purchase a FULL copyright release or simply a print release? If it's just a print release (which is the industry standard for digital files purchased by portrait clients) than you should NOT be editing those images!

On the other hand, if they are straight out of the camera, they may require editing in order to print well. It kind of depends partly on the settings of the camera. Different settings would optimize printing directly vs. post processing before printing.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow