Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,022
Like?
Both
In reply to Brev00, May 25, 2013

Brev00 wrote:

Mako,

It is not a question of right or wrong, raw or jpeg.

Never was in that regard...I always said...pluses and minuses

Rather, it is a matter of pleasure v. pain.

I get more pleasure from max IQ and RAW just gives me more potential in that regard. Now that my workflow is efficient...pain would be going back to JPEG. Way harde to "work" them

I think jpeg shooters get a great deal of pleasure from shooting, getting the image at desired quality (not necessarily optimal by raw standards) in the field, and moving on.  The idea of spending time on the computer causes pain.

For some...I get pleasure from a fuller experience. Best of both worlds. My pleasure doesn't end after the capture.

Some raw shooters can fill up a card just to bring it back to the computer to see what they can do.   You obviously get pleasure from adjusting sliders and such on the computer (helping others, too). Then, there are those who fall in between the extremes of field only and computer intensive.  Some here get a great deal of pleasure from a mathematical understanding of the underpinnings of photography.  This will cause the brains of others to hurt.  Different strokes.

Agreed...Pluses and Minuses

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SomeNew
TrueNew
RawNew
TrueNew
muchNew
TrueNew
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow