Inconceivable! Nikon can't repair my 80-200 AFS!

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
lac111
Senior MemberPosts: 2,770
Like?
Re: Unfortunately
In reply to r e cummings, May 25, 2013

r e cummings wrote:

Nikon's response:

Dear Mr. Cummings,
Thank you for contacting Nikon Service and Support,
According to the service center the parts which were no longer available for this repair have been listed below. We do apologize for any inconvenience. I hope this information will be helpful.
RUBBER RING & M/F RING
Regards,
Arshad M.
Nikon Tech Support.

Talk about detailed information, this is pathetic! How can these parts be related to a lens that will no longer autofocus? I'm trying to get additional info from them. In the mean time, APS says they can repair anything on this lens. I'm sure I will be sending it to them, but I'd like to get "detailed" and useful information from Nikon support first. Very disappointing from a company with such a long and reputable history. What a waste of my time and money. They new that they no longer have parts for this lens, so why did they have me send it to them for repair?

I'm assuming they paid return shipping and you just had to pay for shipping the lens to them? I'd ask for compensation under the circumstances. The time you can't get back.

Lora

-- hide signature --

Lora
Profile is wrong, I've been on Dpreview since June 2006.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow