D.I.Y focus adjustment on SLT's

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
neilt3
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Re: Infra red recording on Alfas ?
In reply to Aranea, May 25, 2013

Aranea wrote:

Wow. Infrared gives a quite different perspective.

How do you do the different color processing as in keeping the sky blue but the rest B&W?

it's something differant , isn't it ?

the blue sky is done by swopping the the red and blue channels in photoshop or something similar.

the rest of the picture isn't really black and white though, a custom white balance is set on the foliage of the plants.the infrared light is reflected of them , while the visable light is absorbed.

so by setting the infrared light as white/18% grey , thats how the "black and white " part comes out.

the images done this way are more red,black and white.

because the (real)blue of the sky contains no infrared light , (bearing in mind the i.r light is now being recorded as white light) the all you get on your image is the red of rhe R720 infrared pass filter. as this is now the only thing in the picture that is red , it's easy to swop it to blue ,giving you that characteristic feel.

i'm not one for manipulating images in photoshop , rather i try get things right when i take the picture , as i did when i used  film (still do),since going digital i've learnt to process images useing mainly just Lightroom 3.

so when i got an infrared camera last year i was a bit baffled how to do things on the P.C untill i found the Lifepixel website.

have a good look through it, i've given the link direct to the processing section.

channel swoping is about halfway down.

http://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-photoshop-basics

hope this helps.Neil.

neilt3's gear list:neilt3's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Canon EOS 5D +37 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow