Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.
In reply to HomoSapiensWannaBe, May 25, 2013

HomoSapiensWannaBe wrote:

At Imaging EXPO this past January here in Atlanta, the Nikon rep at their booth said that Nikon, Inc. think the 85/1.8G is a better lens than the 85/1.4G.  Only get the 84/1.4 if you just have to have the extra 2/3 stop, and then think long and hard about it.

Somehow, I don't really believe that a Nikon rep speaking as a Nikon rep would say that Nikon believes their 85/1.8G is a better lens than their 85/1.4G. He might be being polite while someone pontificated to him and nodded his head in affirmation, but I don't think he would say such a thing.

Furthermore, I would also doubt a Nikon rep would suggest to only buy the 85 f/1.4G if you have to have an extra 2/3rd stop. That would be extremely simplistic and might only come from the lips of a novice photographer, not the representative of an optics company.

The hyperbole abounds in threads such as this on both sides of a discussion. Play nicely and play fairly.

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow