can you tell the IQ/ISO difference game: canon5dmk3 vs D800e at iso 6400

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wei Kelun
Contributing MemberPosts: 506
Like?
Re: REVEAL TIME (big surprise!)
In reply to clarkent1234, May 25, 2013

clarkent1234 wrote:

first one is Canon 5d mark III - 50L 2.8 iso6400..NR/sharpening etc off - both cameras identical in settings

second is: ..............wait for it................................CANON 40D......YES CANON 40D - 35L 2.8 iso1600 (its max!!!) shot at 1600 pushed 2 stops in PP. I am sure most are familiar with ISO pushing technic, so i wont get into that.

NoiseNinja was used at the exact same settings on both. and USM equally the same on CS6.

40D Raw looked a bit more grainy after being pushed 2 full stops in PP. But after Ninja on same setting used on 5dmk3, things looked about identical. Strange but true. Framing was about the same due to crop factor.

2006-7 mid-consumer-whatever-u want to call it- camera replaced by several generations...payed $200 used with high shutter count VS new $3500 full frame camera. Shot at 2.8 since my 35/50 is identical at 2.8!

I've shot weddings with a 40D as my main camera for years, its capable. Before someone says straight out of camera/straight jpeg is cleaner. Sure but not by a mile, and only at 100 percent you will see some differences. but if you payed money on either camera, with todays software available and you do not editing? thats a waste of any dslr/money.....even on one that doesn't even do video or even able to focus in live view (40D)

Nicely done.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow