can you tell the IQ/ISO difference game: canon5dmk3 vs D800e at iso 6400

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
clarkent1234
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
REVEAL TIME (big surprise!)
In reply to TTMartin, 11 months ago

first one is Canon 5d mark III - 50L 2.8 iso6400..NR/sharpening etc off - both cameras identical in settings

second is: ..............wait for it................................CANON 40D......YES CANON 40D - 35L 2.8 iso1600 (its max!!!) shot at 1600 pushed 2 stops in PP. I am sure most are familiar with ISO pushing technic, so i wont get into that.

NoiseNinja was used at the exact same settings on both. and USM equally the same on CS6.

40D Raw looked a bit more grainy after being pushed 2 full stops in PP. But after Ninja on same setting used on 5dmk3, things looked about identical. Strange but true. Framing was about the same due to crop factor.

2006-7 mid-consumer-whatever-u want to call it- camera replaced by several generations...payed $200 used with high shutter count VS new $3500 full frame camera. Shot at 2.8 since my 35/50 is identical at 2.8!

I've shot weddings with a 40D as my main camera for years, its capable. Before someone says straight out of camera/straight jpeg is cleaner. Sure but not by a mile, and only at 100 percent you will see some differences. but if you payed money on either camera, with todays software available and you do not editing? thats a waste of any dslr/money.....even on one that doesn't even do video or even able to focus in live view (40D)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow