Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,253Gear list
Like?
Re: Just returned my 80-400mm VR AF-S lens
In reply to paulski66, May 25, 2013

paulski66 wrote:

Geomaticsman wrote:

But don't pay any mind to the "detractors" about your decision to return it. No lens is perfect and no matter how many reviews you read it's almost impossible to know whether a lens will meet personal expectations until you get it on your camera.

All fine and good, I guess...just don't in the exact same post, complain about how gear is overpriced when part of the reason is that people return perfectly good gear when they change their minds.

If you want to know why gear costs so much, look no further. We all pay the price for this indecisveness and wishy-washy-ness.

OK we get it. I've seen you rant about this anyone someone returns something they bought and three times so far in this one thread. I would agree if the person bought it to use for a one time event and then returned it knowing when they bought it they planned to do this.

The OP did research and from when he read, looked like it would be a step up in IQ from what he had. He didn't see the results were much if any better, so returned it. You have no idea is and what the conversation with the sales person was, they might have said "Oh this will be much better than the 70-200+TC", which he found out it wasn't. A lens test can only tell you so much about a lenses performance in a single users selected use of it. Some are sharper at mid distances than infinity etc. And returns are part of retail in any market.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow