Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,258Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.
In reply to MisterHairy, May 24, 2013

MisterHairy wrote:

Lance.

Just what is it about a complete stranger making an assertion on a relatively insignificant internet forum that gets so far under your skin?

Well, I wouldn't say it was insignificant, but that is neither here nor there. You haven't got under my skin at all, I will happily go about my business and keep shooting photos just as I always have. But thank you for your concern of my welfare.

Something has clearly got your back up to the point where you simply have to have the last word in the "conversation" and I sort of find it interesting, on a social level, what drives an individual to such an extreme reaction.

Probably the same thing that drives you to feel so compelled to write this post, you could have moved on but you didn't.

At the end of the day, it's really quite simple, I just don't like to see misinformation.

It's almost as though I logged in and said: "This Lance chap doesn't know his a-hole from his f-stop", but I didn't. I declared that a lens was "not so hot".

A lens.

Not your wife.

A lens.

An inanimate object with no feelings and which is just a tool. Not even a lifestyle choice.

Everything in moderation, my friend. If a disparaging remark about a lens brings you out in your Internet Police uniform, then it might be time to slow down a little before you burst something.

I think you have a picture in your mind of me that is far from reality. When I see something wrong I try to correct it, I call it as I see it. If I hadn't, would you have made the effort to really see that you had possibly jumped to a conclusion too early and then seen that you had gone over the top with your original post?

I have been mature enough to post some images, even though they do not support my original rhetoric, and have conceded that I need to revisit my first images which led me to draw my contentious conclusions. I had hoped that this might be enough to slake your iRage, yet you are now picking an argument with an innocent bystander.

LOL. Trust me, there is no iRage, I'm as calm as a cucumber. I just do not like to see misinformation as your original post was way over the top and I felt it needed to be corrected.

Let it go. If I have made a mistake, then I shall be big enough to admit it. Please don't fill the thread up before I have the chance to.

I did let it go, but I all I did is to reply to Daisy's dig above.

On a more positive note, I do see that you have made the effort to read my words, for which I thank you. This is more than can be said for some of the other "contributors" on this board, who demonstrate levels of reading comprehension about as lowly as their maturity. Amazing what will pass as an education these days.

I commend you highly on admitting that you had gone over the top and retracted your original assertion.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow