Why Canon made 1Dx best specification ... II

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,326Gear list
Like?
Re: You seem to have a problem with comprehension.
In reply to Apewithacamera, May 24, 2013

Apewithacamera wrote:

The large print on my wall is highly detailed, I can not resolve with my eyes the mush you are talking about. In order for me to see my image fall apart detail wise, I had to use a lot more magnification. In my case a camera with a macro lens then further magnification of that image on my computer screen. At that magnification I see printer lines and the aliasing. If that is the mush you are talking about, it can't be seen by my own eyes in that print hanging on my wall.

So therefore your claim that a 20 mp camera is not sufficient for producing prints the size discussed is total BS!!!!

Your 4x5 image will eventually shine in the resolution department going much larger than the print sizes we discussed.

I've no desire to print billboard sized photos for my wall as I don't have the room. I will however print up to 40X60 and I'm sure they will look....

Your photo is not highly detailed....mine is.  Under no circumstances would anyone with the most basic understanding of producing prints think that 96ppi is detailed.  96 ppi is not detailed....end of discussion. No, the 4x5 shines even at 16x20...with far greater resolving power and realism.

look, you are out of your area of expertise.  It has nothing to do with billboard sized prints.  The fact that you even talk that way shows the lack of comprehension is yours.

I know Exactly what prints from 20 to 80mp look like....I print them all the time.  20mp at 40 or 50 inches wide is soft, lacking in detail, acutance and tonality?  Your sample vs mine proves it.  Sorry this offends you.

i wont bother relying to your nonsense.  It's obvious you don't have the knowledge level to discuss this.  It is obvious from the samples both of us have posted which one provides higher resolving power, and which one is mush....your excuses aside.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow