Sirui: How to attach center column to built-in Monopod for extra height?

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
HomoSapiensWannaBe
Regular MemberPosts: 263
Like?
Re: Sirui: How to attach center column to built-in Monopod for extra height?
In reply to HomoSapiensWannaBe, May 24, 2013

I just got off the phone with Alan Hyman from Argraph Corp, the U.S. distributor.  He checked and confirmed that the M-3204 cannot use the center column to extend the monopod height, and will change the description on their website to reflect this.

Actually, with the right adapter, this would be possible.  The bottom of the center column, either the long or short one, has a smaller thread pitch than the 16 threads per inch of the 3/8-16 to 1/4-20 adapters (2) provided with each tripod.  This is where the spring loaded screw hook for adding weight attaches to.  It screws into the bottom of the column.  If I were a machinist, I could figure out what the specification is for this bolt, and make an adapter from this spec to 3/8-16.  Then either the long or short center column could be joined to the top of the Monopod to make it taller, with the normal 3/8-16 adapter and camera/head mounting plate screwing onto the very top.

Cheers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow