Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
John Sheehy
Forum ProPosts: 15,828
Like?
Re: Why Canon made 1Dx best specification ... II
In reply to Telhma, 11 months ago

Telhma wrote:

I do not try to prove annything,

I just show where i found the information, I told in the post before i had no clue if it was right, but yea... I wonder why thay guy would tell jokes about his sensor.

Well, it looked like the link was something you've found in your quest to find out if the hypothesis is correct, after you stated it.

This myth is so easily disproven, and can not be proven.  The fact is, no matter what shape your motion blur is, the bigger the pixels, the more of the sensor area that the blur is spread across.

People assume that since it is easier to see that motion blur occurred when there is higher pixel density, that this means that it has a worse effect, without actually looking at it to see if it is true.  The fact is, a bigger pixel acts as a blur itself, confusing everything in a large area.

Soon we will be seeing motion-blur correcting software (deconvolution along a path) becoming more common, and a higher pixel density will make this easier to do with accuracy, and with less noise created in the deconvolution (as less area has to be deconvolved)

I am not pointing this out to put the 1Dx down, at all. It definitely has its major strong points, but its pixel density is not a plus at all in any issue concerning resolution, diffraction, or motion blur.  Its lower pixel density only indirectly helps other aspects, like shooting speed, or maybe slightly lower high-ISO noise than if the pixel density were much higher.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow