Forum ProPosts: 15,076
Like?
In reply to qianp2k, May 24, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

jjnik wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

jjnik wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

How ironic that you are displaying your 100% cropped photos at 6.7 MP and 6 MP.

I just cut some edges but the above are 100% cropped. I can print above two to 19x13" or even 26x18" and still look very nice.

What you posted are not 100% crops - they are larger images.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eos1dmkiii

They are. 1DIII max resolution is 3888 x 2592. As I said I just cut some edges but above two are indeed 100% cropped.

You're confusing the difference between a 100% crop and a full size (100% un-scaled) image.  You posted slightly cropped, full size images which could be viewed at 100% as I indicated below- but what you posted were not what most people call 100% crops.

From my understanding a full-size image = 100% cropped as many use the term interchangeably similar to AOV = FOV as many use alternatively in DPR forums.

A 100% crop is a small portion of the full size image that one would not have to click on and then click to see at 1:1 View/full size (100%) magnification.

That depends on the resolution of your monitor to fit or not, right? But anyway what's difference to post a portion of a full size photo for that convenience from you click '1:1 View/full size (100%) magnification'?

For example, one might post a 500 x 500 pixel portion of the full size image that would show 1:1 pixel quality right in the original post

100% crop = 1 to 1 pixel mapping on your screen. I.e. one pixel from the image maps to one pixel on the screen. And by the nature of doing that, you must crop the image. Some will then say "pixel-level detail" or "crop of a 1:1 view"

Said another way... The image magnification was at 100% when the crop was made, and the actual pixels from the image are being displayed, without having been manipulated by resizing. Simply cropping a portion of the image to present the FOV of a 100% crop section doesn't always result in a 100% crop as many programs don't always provide a 1 to 1 accurate representation when doing that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow