I would like to discuss the aesthetics of photography...

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
d3xmeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,483
Like?
Re: Are you saying...
In reply to ROC124, May 24, 2013

You know, this reminds me of an interview with Philip Bloom. He was asked by George Lucas to go at Lucas Ranch, shoot some video with his 5D Mark II there, and present the footage the next day. George Lugas wanted to see if they can use DSLR as a third camera setup for a movie they were working on.

Philip Bloom thought the quality would be poor for the big screen, he looked at the footage on his laptop screen and he said ,,Man this will look bad,,

Day of the presentation, in a projection room with a big screen, with George Lucas, Quentin Tarantino and others, they watched the footage from the DSLR. They all thought it looked wonderful and they used it for the movie. How can this be ? The 5D Mark II barely make it to true 720p.

Watch the whole story on youtube, it's the interview by that long curly hair guy from B&H.

The point is, there's more to IQ than lab measurements, and I've been arguing this for years on these forums.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
4MPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow