Waterproof Backpack For DSLR Camera (Canon T4i)

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
NancyP
Senior MemberPosts: 4,125Gear list
Like?
thank you sthlm.
In reply to sthlm, May 24, 2013

I suggested one of the ginormous (80L?) portage roll-top dry bags with pack straps made by Sea and Summit, a favorite dry bag maker. Portage bags aren't designed for long-haul hiking, by the way.

LowePro makes two purpose built waterproof camera backpacks, "DryZone". Mixed reviews.

Pelican cases with O rings are watertight and float, but they are hard cases with handles.

The ounce-counting hiker may be better off with small  nested sil-nylon dry bags, tossed on the top of a generic hiker's backpack. Or, buy one of the padded boxes with inserts meant to be used with a hiker's backpack, and double dry bay it. Don't squeeze out ALL of the air, it helps make the contents bouyant. On my usual hikes I don't cross deep streams and don't really need elaborate precautions. Lengthy unexpected torrential rain is unusual in my Midwest US location, there's time to deploy tarp and put pack in plastic garbage bag.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow