Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,385Gear list
Like?
Flower Closeup Shots
May 24, 2013

Below are some flower closeups I shot this week with my XE1 and Tamron 90mm f/2.5 manual macro lens (wonderful little lens that balances well with the camera).

All shots were handheld, with apertures varying from f/2.8 to f/5.6 mostly in lightly breeze-se conditions (as always). I shot using RAW + jpeg Fine using Velvia mode. The look Velvia can give to flowers is wonderful (except reds can be a problem at times) and  for me not worth messing around with RAW to emulate. But I realized that with flowers and velvia, a RAw backup is a wise choice. That said, all the shots below are OOC jpegs except the two reds ones which are ACR RAw conversions. A little selective sharpening is all that I did on the resized files.

Probably will look sharpest if you click on the originals

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow