My first wedding with OMD

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Canadianguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 839
Like?
Re: My first wedding with OMD
In reply to Y1981, May 24, 2013

Very interesting discussion and shows the differences of how wedding photography has changed over the years which I think has been partially gear driven.

These are wonderfully images and reminds of photos from back in the day - very old school.

High end wedding photography used to be done in medium format. So most of the photos were all posed shots - everything was planned and composed by the photographer, very little of this photo-journalistic style that is popular today.

As the 35mm cameras and film started to get better - people started using it for weddings, it opened up the market to more photographers who didn't necessary have the posing or compositional skills of the old style photographers. I think you also had newspaper photographers coming into the market and using their experience in capturing moments instead of creating moments - the 35mm cameras helped greatly in this.

Fast forward to the digital age and everything is automated (AF focus, Auto-metering, etc) and 10x faster with almost unlimited memory storage - shoot shoot shoot - shoot 5000 images and delivery 300 - something will work.

Nice to see that m4/3 is forcing people to slow down once again and shoot old school.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow