Is Apple getting people by their brain-balls?

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
bosjohn21
Senior MemberPosts: 5,409
Like?
Re: Is Apple getting people by their brain-balls?
In reply to PhotoKhan, May 24, 2013

PhotoKhan wrote:

This appeared in the news section. It's, it seems, an Apple submitted patent.

Apparently, DPR did not recognize it as wireless flash setup stating an extraordinary "We're intrigued by the idea".

...or maybe it did recognize it but were mesmerized by the putative extra capabilities listed in the submitted patent like, "a graphical user interface to be used to preview test shots" (read, touch screen preview) or the "impromptu setup to offer instructions to the photographer/subject 'to move in a particular direction, for a particular distance, to angle or move the device in a certain manner, and so forth" (read, obviously necessary scene directing instructions for otherwise clueless multi-strobes photography soccer mothers).

Why the continuous demonstrations of awe, like this DPR one, at a manufacturer that keeps throwing about this very same, repeated foul-smelling stunt?:

Offering what already exists, disguised as "coolness", to be presented in a KNA by whoever is the new black turtleneck guru in charge, brainwashed audience going "Wooow!", while at the same time having the actual nerve to "patent" that very same already-existing thing, so they can later litigate competitors to their knees, the legal system not even taking notice that they were NOT the "inventors" in the first place.

Myself, I am anxiously awaiting the coming Apple's "Social Mirror Based Image Capture System".

(...good grief...)

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

please stop beating around the bush equivocating and waffling and tell us what you really think of Apple

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow