going full frame,,,just some silly questions...

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Thomas Mitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,481
Like?
Succint and accurate reply here from MrScorpio
In reply to MrScorpio, May 24, 2013

MrScorpio wrote:

Hi

I have both the 6D and the 5D3.

Neither is better than the other IMO. Here is why:

Really Low light and/or static; 6D

Fast moving stuff and/or Sports; 5D3

Since I am more into the low light and static, I end up grabbing the 6D more often. It is also significantly lighter, so for street shooting, hiking, travelling etc I also tend to take the 6D leaving the L glass behind using the much smaller and lighter standard glass, mostly primes...

BR

Marcus

sandy42900 wrote:

till now have only 550d, with some good lens like tokina 11-16, canon 100-400, 50mm1.8 and canon 18-135, now i basically am an hobbiest photographer who travels a lot and love photography, so now i have made up my mind to go full frame as i miss the low light photography in the evenings on my travel. i have two options-

1) i buy a 5d mark-3 with kit lens (24-105),  and keep my 550 d as second body for wild life and birding as 100-400 will give me more reach and i can use my tokina also.

2) i go for 6D with kit lens (24-105) or if you guys strongly feel (24-70 f2.8) and replace my 550 D with 7D body only , that way  i can do some good birding and wildlife on my 7D and low light on my 6D.

3)sorry one more option , just stay put and wait for 7D mark 2...

would really appreciate some help

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow