EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,731Gear list
Like?
Re: Get the NEX-6!
In reply to Mel Snyder, May 24, 2013

Mel Snyder wrote:

Ray Maines wrote:

cwtbone wrote:

I have been shooting DSLRs for many years and I have been strongly considering getting a NEX for portability and casual family outings.

That's the way I use mine. Plus vacation trips.

What are do some of you experienced NEX shooters think?

Even with the a77, but especially with the NEX-6 I find the LCD to be more useful than I ever thought it would be, and I use it more than I ever thought I would, but I just couldn't get along without the EVF. It's not about ease or accuracy of focus or anything technical, it's just "normal" to have a camera stuck in my face. By the time you pay the VISA bill you won't even remember how much  extra the 6 cost, but you'll hate the 3 every time you use it.

Don't let this be you

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

How can you knock shooting with an LCD instead of an EVF? Every pro I've ever seen shoots with his/her camera held precisely like this!

Not.

I agree 100%. To me, shooting off an LCD simply adds a better sensor and lens on iPhone-ography. If that's what you want, or all you can afford, that's one thing. But better to sacrifice an extra lens and shoot with the a kit lens on an NEX-6 or NEX-7.

I would not buy a camera without an articulating LCD, much less one without it. It a significant advantage to be able to use either per convenience than be tied down to just one style. I got a head start on this advantage nearly ten years ago (Sony F828).

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow