Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,547Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I buy a NEX?
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, May 24, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

GaryR60 wrote:

cwtbone wrote:

I have been shooting DSLRs for many years and I have been strongly considering getting a NEX for portability and casual family outings. I normally shoot wildlife, macros and landscapes. I have questions though about how easy it is to get good focus using just the LCD. The deal on the F3 at B&H right now is very tempting but I wonder if I would regret not moving up to the NEX 6 with the viewfinder. I shoot most of the time with a Sony A65 and though I can use the LCD to shoot I almost always use the EVF. What are do some of you experienced NEX shooters think?

In most cases, I've had little trouble with focus in outdoor photography. If there is glare on the screen and I can't see what I'm getting, switching to AF usually solves the problem. There's a reason and a use for all the controls.

While flimsy, an occasional use of an lcd hood helps reduce or eliminate glare issue.

Why not get an NEX-6 and have both the LCD and an EVF?

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow