Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarinoDiMare
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
Another tripod thread
May 24, 2013

Oh yes, you betcha! This is another tripod thread. I've outgrown my Manfrotto 055XDB, and I'm looking for somethong else. What's important to me is height, material, stability and durability. The default choice would be to get a Gitzo, but it's also a very expensive choice and I'm seriously on a budget. Now, my local store owner showed me this thing called Sirui, which I never heard of. He says, quality-wise, it's up there with the Gitzos, but it's considerably less expensive. The model I've been looking at is the 4203L. I love that it has no center column, that it only has three sections, it's carbon, and the max height is HUGE. This is a plus for me, as I'm pretty tall and like to shoot standing up for  considerable amounts of time. The weight is fine.

I'm almost convinced but I can't really afford a misbuy; I know I can sell it if it doesn't live up to the expectations, but I'll loose money, time and shots. So, does anyone have experience with this brand and/or particular model? Is ot save to go for it, or should I continue to save a bit longer to be able to afford the equivalent Gitzo? Plus, which one would that be? Gitzo-land is quite confusing, with all the different series...

MarinoDiMare's gear list:MarinoDiMare's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow