Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jtan163
Contributing MemberPosts: 926Gear list
Like?
Re: Did Nikon screw up?
In reply to SubPrime, 11 months ago

SubPrime wrote:

jtan163 wrote:

Well in addition to the D800, the D700 replacement and the 5D, why not just buy the D4?
Or the D4 and the 5D?

I though about buying a D4, but I went for the D800 already.  I love having the D800 for some applications.  I still have my D700 (which I hardly use).  I already had a 5D2 (bought it cheap when I got tired fo waiting for a high res affordable Nikon body)

You stated 4 points.

I stated for 4 points along with a D600 sensor, which is why I said I wasn't interested in the D600.  You're not making an strong case by being pedantic.

Here's what you said:

"The D700 had a pro AF, a weather sealed body, accepted the higher voltage batter and was not limited to 1/4000 second shutter speed."

Note the complete absence of any mention of the D600 sensor, at that point in time.

You mentiond the D600 after I replied to you.

That's not being pedantic. That is responding to the info I had at the time you made your statement.

Doesn't suit all your requirements. Not quite the same as not being a viable replacement.

It's not a replacement according to Nikon either, so it's not just my opinion.

And this statement is based on...?

Based on the fact that Nikon have released more DX bodies than FX ones.

Well since you find forums such compelling evidence, the forums are full of entry level users replacing and moving up.

Entry level users don't already have FF  Nikon DSLRs

No, but they do move up from fromt eh entry level cameras they have and buy higher end cameras.

So you ahve no evidence, apart from th eofrums to suggest that Nikon;s user base is eroding.

But the same forums show that Nikons entry level user base upgrade, and users from other brands come over etc etc etc.

In other words you're grasping at straws.

And at this point, I'm happy to let you.
Have a nice day/night.

Enjoy your delusions.

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow