Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
QuakeO
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: 2 Sigmas (19&30), or 20mm 1.7
In reply to Moti, May 24, 2013

Moti wrote:

QuakeO wrote:

I want to add a prime or two for travel, daily stuff, and to improve my limited skills.

If you don't shoot in low light and really need fast lenses, don't buy any of them it will be a waste of money at this stage as these focal lengthes are covered with what you already have.

Do you think the difference in quality between theses primes and my zooms is so small?

If you really want to improve your photography skills, the only way to do it is to steady photography basics and to practice.  My advise to you is to take a photography class. It is less expansive and ill contribute to your photography much more than any lens can do.  Then, when you knoledge and skills are good, you'll know better what you need.

Moti

-- hide signature --

The problem with today's classes is that they spend an inordinate amount of time on things I understand well: how a camera works, the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, and other theoretical and technical elements. I would rather go out, experiment, and improve composition and decision making. My thinking was that a prime would force me to focus on important things.

QuakeO's gear list:QuakeO's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow