Just returned my 80-400mm VR AF-S lens

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
tiko
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Re: Just returned my 80-400mm VR AF-S lens
In reply to sjprintz, May 24, 2013

While user and site reviews are great sources of information I find that sometimes an item just doesn't live up to the hype. If based on my research I have built a certain expectation and I decide to go out and buy it with the intention of keeping it but then it doesn't meet that expectation, then I don't see why I wouldn't return it. That's one of the reasons return policies exist. And companies/brands that don't want to see buyers doing this would either charge a restocking fee or offer no returns on opened/used products. I would not consider that poor judgement on my side, buyer's remorse or failure to research. However as many of us have experienced that real world use of an item may reveal aspects that were not covered by reviews.

And that's what I think the OP is trying to point out, assuming he intended to keep it rather than just test it and then decide.

-- hide signature --

@AT

tiko's gear list:tiko's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow