Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
MisterHairy
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.
In reply to Lance B, 11 months ago

Lance.

Just what is it about a complete stranger making an assertion on a relatively insignificant internet forum that gets so far under your skin? Something has clearly got your back up to the point where you simply have to have the last word in the "conversation" and I sort of find it interesting, on a social level, what drives an individual to such an extreme reaction.

It's almost as though I logged in and said: "This Lance chap doesn't know his a-hole from his f-stop", but I didn't. I declared that a lens was "not so hot".

A lens.

Not your wife.

A lens.

An inanimate object with no feelings and which is just a tool. Not even a lifestyle choice.

Everything in moderation, my friend. If a disparaging remark about a lens brings you out in your Internet Police uniform, then it might be time to slow down a little before you burst something.

I have been mature enough to post some images, even though they do not support my original rhetoric, and have conceded that I need to revisit my first images which led me to draw my contentious conclusions. I had hoped that this might be enough to slake your iRage, yet you are now picking an argument with an innocent bystander.

Let it go. If I have made a mistake, then I shall be big enough to admit it. Please don't fill the thread up before I have the chance to.

On a more positive note, I do see that you have made the effort to read my words, for which I thank you. This is more than can be said for some of the other "contributors" on this board, who demonstrate levels of reading comprehension about as lowly as their maturity. Amazing what will pass as an education these days.

MisterHairy's gear list:MisterHairy's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow