Pentax — a Japanese Leica? Not really ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Tan68
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,010Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax — a Japanese Leica? Not really ...
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, 11 months ago

If this is the first tease of this release on June 11, then Pentax is no less shy than Leica.

Pentax has used similar techniques of boxes and whatever.  For the K7, they used a silhouette of the differently shaped prism housing.  These pictures were leaked a few or 7eral weeks ahead.  The shape of the camera was different enough the silhouette made sense.

I don't recall if they did any similar thing with the K30 release, though...  Overall, I understand what you are saying.  Just, from time to time, Pentax has done some similar marketing..

I do wonder about the 50-135 Mk II.  I don't follow the Canon and Nikon products much...  Are their Mk xx lenses significant updates to the optics?  I think they have done a different release for different focusing motors and/or have included updates to image stabilization.  There have been updates to optics, of course, but are they significant?  Or are they minor updates to optics just so they don't release a lens where the only change has been to VR or focusing motor..?

Now, I figure many Pentax people would be happy with a Mk II that was only about a motor...  Except me because I would then have a Mk I

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

... And it seems they'll be introducing some new camera (category) in a few weeks, and are not shy to tease their users and fans about it.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow