Leica entering m4/3?

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,636Gear list
Like?
Re: Leica entering m4/3?
In reply to Gregm61, May 24, 2013

Not sure if anyone else has spotted this on the front page.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/05/23/leaca-teases-mini-m-for-11th-june-release

DPR specutale it might be a permanent liveview FF M camera (something I would absolutely love tbh) but I was wondering about also maybe the possibility of Leica joining m4/3.

Anyone know when the next panny announcement is due? Maybe they have made a camera Leica feels comfortable putting its name on (GX2 maybe).

Pure speculation and I think DPRs guess is probably better than mine, which tbh I hope it is. I don't need an overpriced panny body. Just thinking aloud tbh.

Does not really fit in with the type stuff they do, apart from the products where they sell their name to Panasonic. I would guess it is going to have an M mount.

With Leica making it, I never need to womder whether I can afford one

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

That's what I'm wondering - not if they're actually going to make their own m4/3 camera, just whether this big announcement will turn out to be them just slapping their name on a panny product (something they have done plenty before).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VF-4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow