Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Yehuda_
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
Re: My first wedding with OMD
In reply to Y1981, May 24, 2013

goshigoo wrote:

Very nice

It would be even better if you are using FF and large aperture primes...

Some of the photos would be even better if the DOF is shallower

Probably, but I used 70-200/2.8 II and 85/1.2 with 5dmk2 and misfocus shots was pretty often especially @ high ISO, Oly primes gave me as shallow DOF as I wanted to get and almost no shots not in focus which is more valuable to me at weddings because it's always not enough time for photoshoot and I have no rights to make mistakes:-) The only thing I miss is continuous AF of FF, on Oly it works not really good to me.

Exactly!!!

This is exactly what I keep telling people who think you can shoot with very fast lenses and not need flash.
You misfocus too frequently and even a small misfocus can utterly destroy a good image.
In fact - working at such apertures is difficult even when complemented with flash (meaning you get to shoot at even higher shutter speeds).

That's besides the point that good flash usage gives a much more pleasant lighting to many scenarious.

Yehuda_'s gear list:Yehuda_'s gear list
RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow