First attempt at photo stacking

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 17,352
Like?
Re: First attempt at photo stacking
In reply to Duncan C, May 24, 2013

Duncan C wrote:

all these shots are done indoors with studio lighting?

Yup, your assumption would be right.

On the blade of grass, how did you prevent the water drop from sliding down the blade as you were shooting?

I fixed  the water drop to the blade of grass with super glue so it wouldn't move.

( errh, no - that's a lieĀ  )

I can't remember, but I probably had the blade almost in the horizontal position...so the water drop couldn't fall off...and then flipped the image 90 degrees to present it.

What are you adjusting the F stops or your focus.

One never adjusts the F stop when stacking....you simply use a focus rail to shift the entire camera rig...about 1mm at a time. One also never adjusts the focus....it stays constant.

That's too broad a statement. You never adjust focus, but plenty of people do. (Me included.)

Let's put it this way.

IF one uses a focus rail system....there is absolutely NO reason to manually adjust focus by turning the lens ring. One simply moves the entire camera rig on the rail.

And, as one SHOULD always be using a rail.....then lens focus adjustment thus becomes redundant.

Also, it's virtually impossible to step a stack accurately (ie: from back to front) by manually adjusting the lens focus ring....as one simply cannot gauge the incremental step measurements using that method.

Hence the focus rail was inventedĀ 

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow