Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Graham Sp
Contributing MemberPosts: 613
Like?
Longer Tele capability and FX V DX
May 24, 2013

Up to last year my best setup was D7000 with Sigma 120-400 but studying closely now I think the lens is only good to 300 or may be 330mm. I have Kenko DG Pro 300 X1.4 Tele converter but I have not found that of much use on DX.

Now I have a D600 also, I intend to do 1.25 crops on the computer to get 16MP if using it for telephoto, but what lens upgrade to use on the tripod for mainly landscapes?  Will an FX camera handle a X1.4 or X1.7 converter better than a DX would?  I have the Tamron 700-300 already for hand held use that seems OK to 240mm to me on either camera.

My current thoughts are

1/  Discontinued Sigma 100-300 F4 and Sigma X 1.4 that gives me a better 100mm F4 and a better 300mm as well.

2/  Tamron 200-500

3/  Nikon 300mm F4 and Nikon X 1.7 although most expensive and less convenient adding and taking the converter.

What are anyone’s comment or experance on lens choice and will upgrading my DX body in the future also improve my tele capability or not (in strong daylight).  Many thanks

Graham

Leica X1 Nikon D600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow