happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,172Gear list
Like?
Re: A few observations.
In reply to Lance B, May 24, 2013

Lance B wrote:

happysnapper64 wrote:

Lance B wrote:

Yes, I think you are spot on Lance, work is the bit that is missing.

Thing is many people do not realize that work can be fun and very satisfying, and after all fun and satisfaction are what photography is all about.

-- hide signature --

Regards - Richard
Happy guy with a K5
N.B. All my Images, even the bad ones, are Protected by Copyright

I simply loved practicing when I played golf. Many said practicing was boring, & they only played for fun, yet got really angry & frustrated when they played badly, yet still stubornly refused to do anything about it. I practiced very hard with physical limitations, & achieved a decent handicap. I have tried to adopt the same attitude to photography. I believe we only get out of it what we are prepaired to put in to it.

I was the same when I played golf.

You may remember the anecdote about Gary Player playing in a tournament where he sunk a shot out of the bunker and a spectator was alleged to have snorted, "Gees, you're lucky", to which Gary Player responded, "Yeah, the more I practice, the luckier I get".

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

hey Lance. Yes, I remember that quote. The point about practice is to practice the right things. I paid for lessons with a guy I knew & trusted. Some of the guys would seek out free advice from blokes that couldn't break 100. Their choice. I was always happy to play well shoot a decent score, & if I finished 20th in a medal it was irrelevant to my enjoyment of the round. I play, I learn, I move on & learn some more [hopefully]

I'll be in the UK next month, possibly up your way going to the Lakes district and then to Scotland. Any suggestions of beautiful scenery, lovely UK villages, churches, cathedrals and castle etc?

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

Best I could suggest is to look up "The National Trust". They have hundreds of properties that are of national & historic value, with gardens etc. Go online & see what is in that area. Hope it helps.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow