I would like to discuss the aesthetics of photography...

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
It's the way of digital
In reply to Great Bustard, May 24, 2013

It creates a canvas for you to do the work on, it doesn't create the work for you. Most digital photos are flat without some sort of processing, it's up to you to get what you want out of the image. It reminds me.

It reminds me of the story of the reference speakers when it comes to producing sound, put a good pair of reference speakers next to the average person and they'll think the sound coming out of them is garbage, but that's because most people aren't prepared to do the work to get the sound of the speakers that they're capable of.

Most people aren't prepared to play around with a parametric EQ... Well the same can be said of digital photos, most people aren't prepared to go to the lengths of extracting the best possible image out of the histogram. They want the cheap fix and so we see people complaining about the nature of digital.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
4MPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow