Did Nikon screw up?

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
SubPrime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,238
Like?
Re: Which Canon Lenses do you consider stellar?
In reply to leicaman, May 24, 2013

leicaman wrote:

Which Canon lenses do you consider so compelling?

50 f1.2, 851 f1.2, 135f2, 17 TSE.  The 24-70LII is outstanding and the 70-200LII, while optically is slightly better, does not suffer from the focus breathing issued of the VR2.  It feels like a 250 mm bby comparison.

chipmaster wrote:

Its only equipment, i'm no the fence. Canon and Nikon equipment are both pretty good but ..

If I hadn't upgraded to D4 and D600 I'd sell it all and go with a 1DMkX and 6D or 5DMKIII.    Its only money and the current stable of bodies frankly got issues.  The D800 if you need that resolution / DR  might have compelled me but as much as 24Meg wow's me, sorry the issues with my D600 and D4 and the stellar new canon lenses make a change worth considering.

So if I had a D700 I'd flip...  it would like trying to decide between toyota and honda.  Toyota continues to screw up.. I'd spend my money differently and send a message to management that is no way to treat your customers.   The output difference really is trivial and a good photographer can make either equipment work.  Just the lens alone swing in Canon's favor these days ( except for the 14-24 which is special )

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow