Started May 24, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emilys 3
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Decision making on starting over...
May 24, 2013

I got my first DSLR almost 3 years ago, after much anticipation. I didn't know what I wanted and so I guessed and went with the Rebel XS from Canon. About a year later I got a 50mm 1.8 in addition to the 75-300mm and the 18-55mm kit lenses. You can see a smattering of some of my recent pics HERE if that helps you see where I am at.... I only use the 50mm.

I like shallow DOF, and I like back-lit images. For now I take a lot of photos of my children and a lot for friends or friends of friends. With my schedule I do about 1 or 2 sessions per month for people who have heard of me through the grapevine...nothing serious. I want to specialize in children/newborns eventually...

On with my question here, sorry.... So my husband is deployed with the Navy and I am a stay at home Mom of 3 kids, so the budget is definitely THE BUDGET. I have saved and sold and I have about $800 to spend.

I am not married to Canon. But I almost bought the T4i, then I almost bought the 5D, because I reallllly want full frame. Then I almost bought the 60D. Then I got talked into checking out Nikon and I almost bought the D7000 before reading reviews about the "softness" of it....

3 weeks and a LOT of reading later, I am no closer to deciding. Sorry for the novel, help a sister out here.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow