about new XF55/200: I've seen only now

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
PeterPrism
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057Gear list
Like?
Re: about new XF55/200: I've seen only now
In reply to Rod McD, May 24, 2013

Rod McD wrote:

Plastic comes in a variety of qualities, but I'd expect Fuji to have chosen one for the internal barrel that will fare well if it's built well.  I don't know the design of the lens, but if the inner barrel is a component that moves with focusing, it may be plastic to keep the weight down for the AF motor - ie to keep the AF speed up.   Leica can use designs that don't have to consider weight and heavy damping because their focusing is MF.  They might just be a tad dearer too.....

Personally I'd still like to see a small modestly fast prime of around 90/2 or 100/2.8 in the XF range. Something a significant step up from the 55mm end of the zoom but still small and light in keeping with the mirror-less adavantage.

Cheers, Rod

Ohhh this can be an intelligent response, the speed of focus may be an acceptable reason for a worshiper of objects as me.

PeterPrism's gear list:PeterPrism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow