ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Sheehy
Forum ProPosts: 16,059
Like?
Why Canon made 1Dx best specification ... II
May 24, 2013

Telhma wrote:

Oh, they also clame that you have less chance to get a blury shot, because it take more time for the subject to move from one pixle in to an other one. sound logical to me, but i have no clue if that's true

Telhma wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuOnRv_61bI
At minute 1:40

So, you used an advertisement from a company whose bottom line is the Yen to prove a scientific hypothesis.  Canon is either ignorant here, or dishonest.  Did you even try what I suggested in the post you replied to:

The bigger the pixels, the bigger the effect of motion blur.  The thing your model ignores is the fact that when a point of light does cross into the next pixel, the bigger pixel puts the effect of the blur farther from the actual blur.

You identify it less as motion blur with the bigger pixels, but regardless of what you can identify, the total blur is greater with bigger pixels (lower pixel density).

It's easy enough to simulate this in an image-processing program.  Take a small sharp image crop, and apply a motion blur of about 3-4 pixels at an arbitrary angle.  Now, make 4 copies and pixelate them at 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5. Which is the blurriest?  Which is clearest?

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow