Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,863Gear list
Like?
Re: Leica entering m4/3?
In reply to larsbc, May 23, 2013

larsbc wrote:

Dheorl wrote:

Not sure if anyone else has spotted this on the front page.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/05/23/leaca-teases-mini-m-for-11th-june-release

DPR specutale it might be a permanent liveview FF M camera (something I would absolutely love tbh) but I was wondering about also maybe the possibility of Leica joining m4/3.

Anyone know when the next panny announcement is due? Maybe they have made a camera Leica feels comfortable putting its name on (GX2 maybe).

Pure speculation and I think DPRs guess is probably better than mine, which tbh I hope it is. I don't need an overpriced panny body. Just thinking aloud tbh.

DPR's analysis seems more likely...a "stripper" version of their M240 or whatever it's called.  The parallax focusing setup adds a lot of cost to the body.  Removing that and using an EVF pulls down the cost, plus makes it very different from the high-end "legendary" body, thus reducing the odds of cannibalizing from its high end models.

Yea. As I say that's something I'd quite like to see. Have been waiting for a decent small manual focus FF camera. I'd rather have focus peaking to rangefinder for alot of stuff I shoot and I thought the RX1 might be it but sony screwed that up IMO. Hopefully this Leica might prove more promising.

What I'd really love is a Lecia with proper rangefinder but with dual finder a la fuji, but I don't see that happening at least until the M 240 replacement comes along.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VF-4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow