When size matters (D800 pixel count)

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,367Gear list
Like?
Re: When size matters (D800 pixel count)
In reply to romfordbluenose, May 23, 2013

romfordbluenose wrote:

CraigBennett wrote:

dantastical wrote:

I suppose it depends what type of photography you do - if youre a birder then cropping might be important, although frankly if you cant afford lenses to give the reach you want then the d7100 will do better than cropping on the d800.

Personally I generally shoot landscapes so cropping is not important, and I'll often do panos anyway so my d600 is as good IQ wise as anything except d3x.

It is very important for event photographers.  I easily get two distinct photographs from one now using the D800e.  Never could do that with the Fuji S2 Pro, Nikon D1x, D2x, and D90.

Bottom line, we are blessed with some recent cameras...D600, D4, D7100, D800, etc.  All have features that were unheard of just a few years ago.  It's a shame we feel a need to bash one over the other.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

I think the D7100, D600 and D800 are all great cameras. I just chose the D800 for reasons which are personal to me. There's no reason to knock any of them at all.

Sensible post. Something lacking in many of the attention seeking threads and posts that we endure here.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow