Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Kemp
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Darn I was expecting a better OVF...
May 23, 2013

Having read quite a bit about the X20 I was dissapointed to find on actually viewing the camera that it's optical viewfinder was so poor.

I already have a G11 for snapshots/ walkabout photography and dearly wanted a new camera that had faster autofocus primarily to capture my 4 year old daughter but also some nice scenery when out and about.

I am a pro of many years and really feel out of sorts looking at a screen on the back of the camera. Plus my eyes are not what they were so need to wear glasses. That's why I want a decent viewfinder.

The electronic viewfinders I also don't find pleasant. I haven't seen the X-E1 but my expereince is that they just make me feel queezy comapred to optical and coming from full frame SLRs.

So is the x100s my only option? It's such a cost for a fixed lens "compact".

Will I miss having a zoom?

Oh blimey. Maybe I need to wait for an X30 with a better VF...

John

-- hide signature --

Canon>Nikon convert.
D3x, D3s, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8II, 105 f2.8 macro, 1.4 conv, SB900x3 16-35 f2.8
Win 7 Pro 64bit, 3.4 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600. Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX. 16Gb Ram, intel ssd 120 gb primary drive. COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER). NEC spectraview reference 2690WUXi2 AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series.

Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow