Started May 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timmbits
Contributing MemberPosts: 528Gear list
Like?
500mm T-Mount lens on NX too heavy for tripod
May 23, 2013

Is there a standard, where I can just order a sleeve, that gives me the screw attachment right on the tmount adapter?  I've tried searching online, but came up empty handed.

When it arrived, I noticed that the TMount adapter doesn't attach to the tripod, instead, it relies on the camera to attach to the tripod.  As the lens is much heavier than the camera itself, and with so much weight at the front, it is impossible to adjust the vertical angle.  Once adjusted, the front dips down. I have to guesstimate it by pointing it too high, and then see where it drops to.  This makes photographing birds impossible, of course.

More details and the "why":

Does anyone know of a standard adapter one can put onto a TMount, so the tripod attachment can screw into it? I'd like to fix the junction between the lens and camera to the tripod, to have a more balanced setup.

I just ordered a 500mm lens on ebay. It was sold in a kit, complete with T-Mount to NX adapter.

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +4 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow