Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamesD2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,001Gear list
Like?
Can't Make a Decision
May 23, 2013

Am I the only one who stands at the threshold of purhasing a new camera only to find that I simply can't choose which one will best satisfy me? After weeks of research I'm still undecided and frankly feel a bit stupid. I thought I had nailed it down to the LX7 with external viewfinder but the FZ200 keeps cropping up and I find myself wondering if the limitations of the 3x zoom on the LX7 will really satisify me in the long run. I can't afford to purchase both (well... I could but I'm not willing to have a pound of flesh exacted by my wife... LOL). Here are my choices: FZ200, LX7 with viewfinder, FujiHS50 EXR OR simply retain my RX100 and call it a day. I would also add that my interest in photography has declined greatly over the past few years and this search for a different camera might actually be a desire to renew that flagging interest. What kind of pictures do I take? Close-ups, landscapes, portraits, street photography... in other words, the whole gamut so that doesn't really help narrow it down (at least for me). My gut tells me the FZ200 would most closely satisfy me but I'm still undecided. Any input would be welcome (but be kind).

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

JamesD2's gear list:JamesD2's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow