ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
theres126
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Travel tripod for newbie that won't break the bank
May 23, 2013

Hello-

I'm just getting into landscape photography, and realized quickly that my tripod (that I inherited from a friend) is just too bulky and heavy. My only saving grace on my latest waterfall hike was my husband - he strapped my tripod to HIS backpack, since the carrying sling it came with didn't work with my daypack.

I'd like to purchase a lighter, smaller tripod (I'm only 5'2", so the 24inch folding height was pretty tall on my frame), that doesn't cost too much. I'd really like to spend less than $150, since I also want to upgrade my camera and buy a 50mm lens this year (I have a Nikon D40), and also invest in Lightroom and a new computer to run it on.  Lots of purchases ahead!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a "starter" tripod. I'm sure I'll invest more in the future, but would rather save the monies right now for a new camera!

I'm also looking for a pack that can hold the tripod and camera - looking at the Lowepro photo sport, but not sure if it's too tall for me......

Thanks!!

Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow