Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
markasher
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Back Printing , Printing of file information on the rear of prints
In reply to xrdbear, 11 months ago

Hello All,

and thanks for your input.

My work usually goes straight to my clients,designers,etc and then on to print  & publication. I don't normally get directly involved with the print side.

But I have a couple of clients that want the hardcopy prints for reference. Having the information on the back makes it a lot easer to find a particular item,especially if they look similar in the images to the untrained eye.

The reason I used Photobox in the first place was the fact I could just upload the digital files and they would do the rest .Prints then sent directly to the client. An automated process.

I'm lucky enough to be shooting five or six days a week in the studio, so don't really have time to get involved with labelling individual prints,especially when they might run in to many thousands! Also using an online lab / processor keeps the price at a sensible level.

So really needs to be a lab that will print the name from the image file automatically on the reverse of the print. Interestingly most seem able to put their own job reference number on the back no problem.

As I said in the original question I would be willing to pay a surcharge for them doing this if needed.

MA

-- hide signature --

MARK ASHER PHOTOGRAPHY

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow