ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
suvi
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
What I would like to see in FW update?
May 23, 2013

Hello everybody.

I have X-E1 for half a yearnow  and I really enjoy it. I used to have DSLR but with this fuji I take some shots that I wouldn't with DSLR because many times I wouldn't take DSLR. Image quality is good, high ISO great and AF speed is good for me especially because I didn't used on faster.

With all this in mind I would realy like to see some things improved through FW updates.

1. I would like firmware for X-E1 which will negate freezing when I press play from shooting mode to review image. I guess that they should put last image in some kind of temporary memory. At the moment, it looks like camera every time I press play makes some processing (after pressing play image is shown for part of second then it freezes, black blinks and then I can see the image. This is a bit annoying and something my old DSLR from 2006 wasnt't doing. (note: I'm shooting in JPEG. On old camera I was shooting more RAW, but don't see the need on fuji)
  2. Beside that, it would be nice if Fuji allow us to use cursor butons as function tasters. So that we can designate, lets say, left button for ISO, right button for WB, down button for focus point selection, or whatever. At the moment these tasters are dead until you press menu or Q button. In this way I would press left button, and with control dial directly adjust ISO. I know that we have Q menu, but that involves more movements and taster pressings. 

These things are not deal breakers for me, but I really think that fixing them would improve this great equipment and also to check what kind of experience and opinion other X-E1 users have.

Thanks

suvi's gear list:suvi's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow