Dell 2713H advice

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Size vs. resolution
In reply to glasswave, May 23, 2013

I add the ratio 16:10 is closer to still images we would like to watch on the monitor so that the image can be seen at a considerably larger scale. I noticed if all other factors being equal (image quality, sharpness, color rendition, contrast, etc.) the larger the screen, the more spectacular a good image would look like. It look more live and real when it is displayed in larger scale. It's like print sizes: you can watch your images on a small print or large print but the large one will be more impressive. It's the way an image affects me which is be a personal preference. As far as I know, 30" is currently the largest affordable monitor in the market with just adequate resolution. Any lower resolution will render the image noticeably softer hence ruin the quality of visual experience. I would certainly avoid a 1080P 27" display.

One additional note: If you don't need wide gamut (Adobe RGB) or don't use it, you will probably be equally please with the less expensive 2713hm. It still covers %99 of sRGB. It sometimes goes on sale for $600.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow