Senior MemberPosts: 6,130Gear list
Like?
Re: That's not true
In reply to kcbeatty, May 23, 2013

kcbeatty wrote:

Walking Dead wrote:

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

Yep!

One of my favorite maps is one of Antarctica showing air and water temp changes, as well as volcanic activity. Warming is only where there is volcanic activity. There is cooling where there is not.

How about Texas, and the rest of the American southwest? I don't think there are any volcanoes in that area to explain the warming.

And what about the Arctic? It is only ice at the top of the planet. So, what is causing the melting up there?

-- hide signature --

Defender of Truth, Justice, and the American Way

I believe I have never alluded to the position that global climate change is not taking place.  That is something that is probably the easiest to prove.  Although they really don't have any absolute data that goes back many years.  What can't be proved is the connection between Mankind's involvement in the cause.  That is where my dispute comes in.

That's like saying 'where is the proof that mankind evolved from apes, as there isn't a smoking gun?'

But, the warming is caused by both natural and man-made causes. Is it just coincidence that the rise in temperature corresponds to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution?

There are natural cycles of the earth cooling and heating, but prior to the Industrial Revolution, it was much more of a regular cycle, as measured by tree ring growth, and other natural indicators of the earth's temperature. Now, the cycle is broken.

The exact cause is not completely known, but I would rather that mankind takes steps now to reduce any effect they have on the earth's climate, rather than later, when it could be too late.

-- hide signature --

Defender of Truth, Justice, and the American Way

Walking Dead's gear list:Walking Dead's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow