Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
Re: For me, I'm with stupid
In reply to wasserball, May 23, 2013

wasserball wrote:

I have the 85mm f1.8G.  I'm glad someone found that the lens is better.  Saved me a lot of aggravations to decide whether the f1.4G is worth the money.  

Bokeh is over rated. Has anyone ever compare, "my bokeh is better than yours?  Sounds like playground bullying the weaks.

Firstly the 85mm 1.8G is an amazing lens, it is made possible only because Nikon owns their own optical glass company, and are masters at precision moulding, a lens of this quality could not have been made 5-10 years ago at this price. "It is an optical production work of art".

Some people prefer sharpness some people prefer bokeh (which is subjective anyway) they offer us choice we decide what we want and can afford.

Some optical glass costs 30 times more than other optical glasses, The 85mm 1.4 lenses tend to be the flagship lenses and Nikon throw all their technology at them; these large diameter lenses are much harder to mould and tend to be individually finished and assembled.  However the differences are becoming less and less.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow